Thursday 14 February 2013

Happy Valentines Day!

Hello Friends

Happy Valentine's Day to one and all.  

Today I am going to share with you the card I have made for Hubby.  Not exactly slushy mushy but I hope he will like it. I had different plans for Hubby's card but when my lickle order came from The Funkie Junkie last week, I knew I just had to use these Diesel Punk stamps from Artistic Outpost.  (Can someone please tell me how I got from admiring Artistic Outpost stamps to owning six sets in a very short space of time?  Linda at The Funkie Junkie and the AO DT have got a lot to answer for!)

I have used lots of layers with some sanding, stamping, inking, diecutting, waxing, distress stickling, embossing, powder embossing and edge distressing on this card.  The first layer was made from Tim Holtz Cordinations paper under which I placed a stencil and then sanded, moving it around.  I placed a piece of K&Co map paper over the first layer and stamped a TH bunch of tickets stamp and cut them out to place down the side.  I cut a piece of SU Vanilla cardstock and stamped various stamps using DI and on another piece I stamped and cut out the men stamp, inked some Spun Sugar for their faces (they looked too pale otherwise - lots of men wear make up these days!) added some Scattered Straw distress stickles before adhering it over the background with foam pads.  I cut out some photo corners from the Cordinations, again sanding them.

I just love this sentiment, which has been inked and embossed with embossing powder. Underneath the picture I cut a piece of the card from which I made the card base and stamped with the same stamps I used on the background piece, but with Gathered Twigs before attaching some TH filmstrip using some cogs and a charm.  


A little red heart stamped with Barn Door DI and some red distress stickles and then I sprayed the whole card with some Forever Red Perfect Pearls mist.  I even stamped inside the card and used a Lovely Day stamp too!

Right!  That is it for now.  I hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day.  Just to say that I am linking this up with the Sunday Share over at The Frilly and Funkie blog as it has been made with items bought from The Funkie Junkie Boutique!  As well as the Sunday Share I am going to link this with the Artistic Outpost's February Referral!  

Hettie

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentines to you and hubby Sam ❤.

Great vintage card, love the touch of red on the heart.

Hope your having a great time?

Big hugs xx

Sarn said...

Hi Sam

Well this is certainly a unique Valentine's Day card and perfect for your hubby. Very profound worldly wise sentiments inside and out!

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Alison Scott said...

That is a lovely card. Really lovely.
The sentiment is wonderful.

Words and Pictures said...

Yay, SIX sets... boy, are you going to be having some fun!! This card is fabulous - love the Dieselpunk with the cogs and tickets, and the little guy in the driving coat is so cute!
Alison x

Words and Pictures said...

Oops... also should have said: It's great to have you play along with us at AO, of course!!
Alison x

scrappymo! said...

Fabulous card...lots of great techniques used here Sam.

Love the way the mettalic cogs turned out.

The sentiment is perfect...I grew up with Guardian angels and crib medals for the babes...Such a great sentiment...I'm signing off smiling now!

Scrapptmi 25 (thanks for the visit to my very basic, but finished cards)

Terry said...

Oh it is easy how you ended up owning six sets in such a short time, the stamps are amazing and so fun to work with! I so love what you did the Diesel Punk guys, which is such a manly card! Love the added gears and filmstrip! Wonderful card and I am sure you hubby just loved this! Hugs!