Sunday 12 May 2013

Birthday Greetings.....Ladies card

Good Morning Peeps

I am off to visit the Beautiful Bride to give her the garter I have been making (no I have not shown it completed yet as I want the Bride to be the first to see it complete).  Before I hope off down there though I thought I would share a card which I made for one of the girls in the office.....

I love this step fold card, though I am not sure I have done it the right way round, but Jackie is left handed anyway!  I used a Snippet of K&Co card, Martha Stewart and EK Success punches, a Snippet of ribbon and this is the first outing for my Artisitc Outpost Bloom and Grow stamp set using Ripe Persimmon Distress Ink which I embossed with clear embossing..  Some sparklies in the centre of the butterflies and a few staples to hold the ribbon.

I am going to pop this over to Artistic Outpost as it is using the Bloom and Grow set.  I can see this becoming a favourite as it is so detailed.

Off to see the fun and frolics that are occurring in the Playground before I jump in the car.  Why not make something using Snippets and join in the fun?  Lots of fun to be had in the virtual Treehouse when it is wet too!

TTFN and have a great week.

Hugs

Hettie

14 comments:

Di said...

Oooer Sam, this is really gorgeous! Perfect colours to go with the image plus lots of butterflies - me likey!

There's surely no right or wrong way to make a step fold card - it's perfect! Am sure Sarn will agree too.

Gotta go - the bull needs milking!

Hugs, Di xx

Words and Pictures said...

I'm sure the bride will LOVE her beautiful garter... and you're so right to give her the first viewing!

Delicious card - love the monochrome colour palette, it really lets that fabulous stamp shine. Thanks so much for playing along at Artistic Outpost!
Alison x

Sarn said...

BEAUTIFUL orange stepper card. Yep . . . Di is correct . . . I totally agree there is no right or wrong side for the steps to go. It's perfect just as it is.

Have a nice trip out. Bet she loves her garter and I can't wait to see it in its finished state.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

G Peplow said...

Hi there, Wonderful card, I love the lovely warm colour :D
Thanks so much for your kind support, I got a little stressed about commenting, just not enough time to do it all, glad you understood! Hugs Gay x

Kyla said...

I am a lefty....no idea which way round is correct!

Kyla

scrappymo! said...

I think it is perfect! Love the rich colour you used...that stamp is a keeper!

Bet the bride is going to be so pleased with her garter...that was such a work of love!

Irene said...

A beautiful stepper card Sam, I love the stamps and warm orange.
luvirene
xxxx

Kate Yetter said...

This is one beautiful card! I love the embossing and the color you chose!
Kate

Cathy said...

Love these colours Sam, (matches the cardi I'm wearing today). Beautiful stepper card, looks perfect and I love your butterflies too :) Cathy x

MaryH said...

What a delightful card. (I don't know how to do a step card yet, so this was wonderful to see). Loved your colors, and your sweet butterflies. Impressive card, and TFS.

Lynn said...

love the colour of your card, and the idea of the stepper card. I am sure you can make them either way around depending on what your design dictates. Not had success with this one yet though. Lynn x

Karen Petitt said...

A gorgeous snippets creations - the stamp is fab.
I didn't think the step cards have to be on one side in particular - oh well I always like to do things diferent too other peeps Karen x

Unknown said...

Two words for that card: Simple and Stunning. That's a very beautiful birthday greetings. Hat's off to you.

Michelle said...

Very pretty! And I love that color! It's so rich!