Wednesday 21 August 2013

Don't mourn at their passing... but give thanks that they were here...

Hello Friends

Suddenly and unexpectedly my Aunt passed away recently and today is the day of her funeral and Thanksgiving Service.  I thought I would share the card I made for my Uncle and family.  

Very simply made but I found this to be the most difficult card I have ever had to make.  I used a new embossing folder with white card, mounted on to lilac/grey card.  Some MS butterflies with black pearls.  The stamp is Kaisercraft.   My Aunt was a lilac kind of lady.  

Thanks for popping over.  

Hugs

Hettie

12 comments:

Sarn said...

Thinking of you Honey.

It's a beautiful card.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Belinda Basson said...

Hugs to you my friend. Sympathy cards are always hard to make in general but this is made harder when it is for someone you love.

Kimbo said...

Sending you a hug x

Sue said...

Sending huggles xx

tilly said...

so sorry for your loss, this is a beautiful card that will bring comfort to the family
Tilly

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss.
This card is so delicate - a beautiful creation in so many ways.
Wishes
Lynne

scrappymo! said...

I am so sorry for your loss Sam. I think your post title is so appropriate!
Your card is so deicate and pretty, made all the better by the fact that your Aunt loved lilac! The butterflies look pretty on that wonderful EF.

Di said...

Oh Sam, how did I miss this post :( I'm so sorry to hear about your Aunt. What a beautiful and very fitting card you made here - it's just perfect.

Hugs, Di xx (and Parsnip sends an extra little hug too x)

Karen Petitt said...

A really beautiful card, so elegant and pretty.
Sending you hugs and I'm sure Di will have sent over Parsnip for a snuggle! Karen x

Words and Pictures said...

It's a beautiful, elegant card. I hope all went well with the service.
Alison xx

Kate Yetter said...

A very classy & elegant card. So appropiate for a sympathy card. I am sorry to hear about your loss.
Kate

MaryH said...

So sorry to read of your loss. That is a lovely card, so elegant, and was very appropriate to this occasion. Understated, beautiful, and in colors you knew your aunt would love. I'm sure it will be most appreciated. TFS & hugs