Monday 19 May 2014

Time for a rummage...

Hello there!

Here we are on a Monday again.  Is it me or are weekends just whizzing past at a fast rate of knots lately?  I hope you all had a good weekend and were able to enjoy the lovely weather we had.  

So onto today's offering. There have been a few birthdays in the office this last month and there were three in one week so I decided that I would challenge myself to make them all using bits and pieces that were either:

(a)    in my Snippets tin
(b)    in my Snippets drawer
(c)    on my desk.

So here is Card 1...


The strip of spots is from Bo Bunny and came out of the Snippets drawer.  It was left over from some mini books I made last year!  The leaf skeleton was laying around on my desk - no idea why.  The background to the stamped image was from the bottom of my spray box at some point.  The stamped images are Artistic Outpost ones and were either sent to me pre-owning the set or some of my own...not quite sure. They were in the Snippets tin anyhoo.  The string is Maya Road and is always to be found on my desk as it is in constant use.  I suppose it is not actually a "Snippet" as such but everyfink else is!

The card was actually for my male Boss.  If you saw his desk you would understand the "Simplify" message", and his floor, and my spare desk...

So then, can you guess where I am taking this lickle card then?  Yep, that is right, down to the Snippets Playground.  Sooo excited as I get to play hopscotch with Miss on Saturday in LLJ's Playground!!  Yeay!

Thanks for calling in.  So lovely to see you.  Please don't forget to leave me a note so I know you have been.

Have a great week.

Hettie

15 comments:

Belinda Basson said...

Thanks for your visit to my cards and scrap page and your comment. I love this cards sentiment, I need reminding of it daily. I could supply a chain store with cards made from all my snippets...if only I had the time!

scrappymo! said...

Great masculine card and great sentiment. I have been trying hard to follow it in my gardens and in my house and garage...baby steps though!
Just can't quite purge fast enough to do it in the craft room. The 50 card thingy is helping but think it would have to be 1000 cards to simplify there...hahahahaha

Anyhooo...your card is lovely and I loved to hear the provinace of each piece you used. Seems so real for the scrap/snippet use part!

Bet he liked it and hopefully you got a chuckle when he read the sentiment.

Sarn said...

Fantastic male card made from snippets.

Happy Hopscotch-ing! xxx

Kathleen said...

Great use of the snippets and a brilliant card.
Better watch Miss on Saturday, can't do with her back going again especially from too much laughing.

Kath x

Anonymous said...

A beautiful card with such a stunning stamp taking centre stage.
Wishes
Lynne

Bonnie said...

You have a fantastic snippet tin! Love the image and the sentiment!

Sue said...

Fab card Sam! I'm playing catch up again because I've been enjoying the sun and doing the garden and off to the beach so blog has suffered LOL hope your having great weather too huggles Sue xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

ah Hettie this is just wodnerful.. mm think I need to set myslef that challenge too :D

...actually come to think it did it today but have not blogged it ,maybe tomorrow if my camera will upload as given the two cards away, Shaz in Oz.x

Di said...

Oh Sam, this really is great! LOVE the image and the snippets you used - including the skeleton leaf - am sure I still have some of those hidden away here.

And the sentiment - is your bosses floor a bit like the floor when we were last aa a WOYWW crop together? You need to get there early and grab those two end seats byt the door - you needs plenty of floor space :) Only five more sleeps!

Hugs, Di xx

Kate Yetter said...

Very nice card. I like the sunny border and the twine.

Jean said...

A fabulous card. I love the focal image and the sentiment.
Jean x

Jean said...

A fabulous card. I love the focal image and the sentiment.
Jean x

Karen Petitt said...

That is gorgeous! Love the vintage feel and that stamp is wonderful. So sorry not to have visited for quite a while but hopefully able to keep up a bit more often now! Karen xx

Kim said...

There is a mill in Brewster, Cape Cod that looks just like this...just sayin'...

Words and Pictures said...

Seriously, how did I get this behind again? I'm so sorry!!

Lovely card - the mill looks fab and I love the accompanying twine and skeleton leaf.
Alison xx