Monday 28 July 2014

Tour de Chook! ...

Hello There

Has anyone been watching all the sports of the Commonwealth or Tour de France recently?  Now as most of you may be able to tell, I am not a real sporty kinda gal, but I have been especially enjoying all the good nature and thrills of the Commonwealth Games.  Aren't the Home Nations doing so well?  And as for Erraid...isn't she just a doll?  Well done.  She is a star in the making!

I thought I would share some cycling cards with you.  You may recall that I made a pink cycling card for a friend to send to her friend recently.  Well the recipient's birthday was last week and she was thrilled by the card I made, so much so that she told the sender not to buy any more cards, but that she was just going to get this one out every year!  Awww bless!

I made some alternative versions to have in hand too...

Don't you just love the washi tape I have used?  It is a NBUS having seen it in a local branch of Wilkinson and fell in love with it.  

The papers and brads are VOs and some bits are Snippets so I off to whizz this over to the Snippets Playground.  The stamp is Penny Black of course, the stamped banners and the "ribbon" as well as the embossing folder are all SU.  All coloured in with Copics.

Thanks for calling by.  I shall give someone a push on the swings if you fancy!

Hettie  

16 comments:

Sarn said...

FABBY cycling chooks. Great PB image and lovely embellishments and layout. These are SUPERRRRR.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Sandy said...

What a fun image, and the bright colors are perfect with ti.

Di said...

Absolutely BRILLIANT Sam!! I giggle every time I see that terrific stamp being used by you :) And gosh that washi tape was a great find.

As for Erraid, what a little poppet she is - not a dry eye in the house!

Hugs, Di xx

Sue said...

Oh what a fab image! and a great card Sam love it!!! huggles Sue xx

Jo said...

Brilliant card Sam, love that fun image & the washi tape looks fab!Loving the Games in our house & as for Erriad...even my tough rugby playing 15 year old son almost had a tear lol!
hugs Jo x

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more, she comes across as such a little sweetheart, a lovely shy quality to her but she obviously has incredible inner strength. I will whisper this - I actually haven't watched very much and didn't watch the Opening Ceremony (I watched even less of the Olympics).
Oh those are such fun - brilliant designs.
Wishes
Lynne

Jenny L said...

Hi Sam,
2 really super creations.
I love them both.
Fab designing as always.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Belinda Basson said...

I think this is udderly brilliant! Chooks and all!

Bonnie said...

How cute are these, Sam! I love that Washi tape as it's bright and pretty and can be used with so many different colors! Love this image and that banner!

Kim said...

Fun cards!!! The tape is perfect and I love that embossing folder..SU...hmmmmm...I feel a quest coming on!

Denise Price said...

Aw, these cards are so cute. In addition to the cute cows and chickens, I like the tiny banners.

scrappymo! said...

Your washi was custom made to go with these chooks cards.

Also love that folding banner that holds the sentiment. Love the accordian folding look of it!

Terry said...

Oh your two cards gave me such a big smile this morning! I just love the moving cows on their bicycles. The banners are wonderful and I love how you used the washi tape! I am sure the recipient was thrilled! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Jean said...

Fabulous fun cards, I love the bright colours and cute image.
Jean x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Oooh they're sooooo kool Hettie. I adore them. PB really know how to do coot, don't they? They're mostly too dear for me but then have a few and how often do I use them???
.. I love coot cards but hardly ever do them..a walking, living enigma. :)
Shaz in Oz x

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, dear - has it really been this long since I've been here?! I'm so sorry.

Fab funky cards and terrific colouring on the images!
Alison xx