Thursday 11 September 2014

Happy 1st Birthday...

Hello there

Autumn is definitely knocking on the back door of summer right now isn't it!  It was our first dance class of the season last night and one of the ladies brought damsons for anyone that wanted any.  I see a jam making session in the next day or two for yours truly.

Right onto today's offering to you.  One of my work colleagues asked me to make a 1st Birthday Card for a friend's daughter.  Now anyone who knows me will know that I am not really geared up for small person's cards but nevertheless I decided to rise to the challenge with this... 

I took my teddy stamp and kinda altered it.  I stamped the balloons section several times and cut them out, having coloured them with Copics.  The centre one I embossed with some WOW sparkly snow embossing powder as I realised the pink number wasn't going to show on the pink balloon! Doh!

I tied the balloons with some Maya Road string and twirlied them where teddy was holding them.  The background paper is some Boofle paper and I stamped it with a NBUS Stampin Up stamp and some Versamark ink.  The bunting was made out of the paper in the pack with the title and details of the Boofle pack.  Well, it seemed a shame to waste it.  Punched using a SU punch.
I had a little extra so used it inside too.
And here is the little envelope.  Another teddy stamp and coloured with watercolour pencils.  I learnt not to use Copics on the envelope the hard way once.  Never again!

The mother of the little girl who's birthday it was has told my friend that this is a "keeper" and will go in the album she is doing for her.  I feel quite chuffed at this!

Right, there are Snippets abound and NBUS of the stamp so I am taking this to the Snippets Playground and over to my Mate Darnell's.

Thanks for calling by.  Nearly the weekend!  I have a Saturday of playing and scrapbooking with my friend, so need to think about what I shall be making!

Hettie

12 comments:

Jo said...

Lovely card Sam, definitely a keeper & just perfect for a little person! Sounds like you have a fab weekend ahead......enjoy!
hugs Jo x

Jean said...

Oo I love teddy bears and this one comes on such a cute card. Great idea to use the title page for the bunting.
Jean x

Sarn said...

I think you rose to the challenge there Sam. Lovely card and a definite "keeper" xxx

scrappymo! said...

I can see why she wants to keep it! The bunting is fantastic and the wee teddy is a sweetie. I like the way you did the age on the balloon...that is so cute!

Jenny L said...

Hi Sam,
what a super card.
I love the fab design of this.
No wonder it will be treasured.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Darnell said...

Sam, this is adorable! You should be making cards for littles more often! I love all the details of the bg, the bunting, the balloons and twine, and the sweet bear up on his tippy toes!! I agree with the mom that this is a keeper!

Thank you so much for playing in my second NBUS Challenge!! I'm off to Google what the heckers a damson is. That sounds like a word I would make up, as in: "Where is that damson of mine gone off to?" Hugs, Darnell

Mrs A. said...

I do like a bit of bunting and as you say waste not want not. Just been spending some time wih my friends chooks. Their a noisy bunch but thankfully our bedroom was on the other side of the house.
They got rid of the rooster for that reason!
hugs Mrs A.

JD/ Jill said...

Cute card!

Di said...

Totally adorable Sam - and such a wonderful idea to use up the front cover of a paper pack for bunting!

Hugs, Di xx

Debs Willis said...

What a cute card! Like the curly string!
Hugs Debs

aussie aNNie said...

FABULOUS card, love the image and gorgeous papers used...your colouring is stunning.xx

The Journey is the Start

Greta said...

Keeper for sure! Can't tell you don't usually do cards for kiddos--just darling!