Saturday 25 October 2014

Rudolph Day Playing with New Toys...

Hello there!!

Happy Rudolph Day to y'all!  I do hope you have a great weekend in store.  The weather outside Hettie Towers looks set to be a lovely Autumn Day.

As you my lovely followers will know, the 25th of every month is known as Rudolph Day on which I share two or more Christmas Cards with you and join in with my Buddy Sandra's challenge.  Yes, you may have noticed that I have said the full C word...CHRISTMAS!!  As far as creating things is concerned I now think it is ok to use the Christmas word.  As for shops and things I still think it is a little too early to have started in August and that maybe mid November is ample soon enough.  

OK!  I have stepped down from my soap box now.  Here are some cards on which I have used some new toys NBUS which I bought on my recent trip over the Pond...

I just fell in love with the Penny Black die, though I must say that if you are using anything less than cardstock it is a little trying to get it to cut.  This mirri card works like a dream though.  I took a cream card, stamped it with Archival ink with a TH text stamp.  Then attached the PB die cut.  Out of two Snippets I cut the red X Cut shape and also a cream.  The MC is another new TH stamp which I rather like, again stamped with Archival and embossed with clear embossing powder.  

I had a little rummage in the Christmas basket and found the very last K&Co rosette (had them so long I know I won't find again, though it doesn't stop me looking), the ribbon was in the Ribbon Snippets basket and the pine leaves were from the Tin of Shame.  

Next...
This time I stamped the background with some versamark using a snowflake stamp from the same new TH set and embossed with some sparkling snow WOW embossing powder.  I then stamped the pine needles with Pine Needles DI and touched it up with my Wink of Stella pen.  Now I didn't know that you could get coloured Wink pens.  I have only ever seen them clear.  So when in Absolutely Everything I gayly picked up a pen not realising until we were back at our accomodation that it was green.   However, now that I have tried it I LOVE IT.  See!  You can really have "happy accidents".  I adhered a small piece of the PB die cut to one side and found some more ribbon to go down the centre.  Then I stamped another of the TH set with Archival and embossed with clear embossing powder.

Last one for today...

This was the third attempt at cutting a thinner card using the PD die.  It was not very nice trying to cut it.  I used a red card and stamped it with my favourite TH swirl stamp and embossed with gold.  I then took a piece of cream cardstock cut to the same size as the PB die cut and stamped with the TH text stamp.  I adhered the die cut over the top and stickled each interlocking section.  I cut out a TH Poinsettie with cream card and stamped with the text stamp.  On another piece of cream card I stamped the Merry Christmas and die cut with my X Cut die as well as a piece of vellum which I tucked behind.  With a piece of ribbon laid across the bottom I then layered the poinsettie and stickled the centre.  

Hey presto three cards made in one afternoon, all of which I am pleased with and  I hope you like them too!  Just sorry about the photographs having sunshine and shade.  It is getting harder to take photos in the morning now being so dark.

Right, off to take this over to Sandra and the Snippets Playground, before the gates are shut.  Why not join in and make a minimum of two Christmas cards by the end of the month and you may win a prize.  I am also entering these into the CHNC as they are a little bit Christmas themed!

If you are ever anywhere near Topsfield, do go along to Absolutely Everything.  The shop is amazing.  I walked around it three times before I could put anything in the basket as I just did not know where to start and the staff are lovely.  They haven't asked me to promote them, this is just me telling ya!  It is no wonder it is my Buddy Kim's favourite shop.

Thanks for calling by.  Have a great weekend.

Hugs

Hettie

22 comments:

Sunshine Girl said...

They are lovely - I have never heard of a wink pen - do I need one???

Di said...

Great cards Sam! You sure did spoil yourself on holiday - and why not indeed! LOVE the PB die but can understand how tricky it must be. Those Stick-it sheets would help to actually stick it to a project but getting it out of the dies probably needs waxed paper or summick.And yup, Wink of Stella brush pens come in 16 colours I think (including Clear) - just so long as you remember to buy the brush pens and not the markers though. When at Newbury in the Summer I saw a demo of all the colours and the black is fabulous!

Hugs, Di xx

Jo said...

Gorgeous makes Sam.....a very productive afternoon! Love the C word lol....I really need to get a move on, usually nearly done by now though sadly lacking in ideas this year. Hope you're well!
hugs Jo x

Irene said...

Hello Sam

Beautiful Christmas cards, and what a lot of brilliant goodies came home with you. Love, love the PB die. I've heard of Wink of Stella pens, but don't any as yet.

luv
irene
xxxx

Jean said...

Super cards, I love the PB die and the vintage look Merry Christmas stamp.
Jean x

Sarn said...

Wahoo . . . three little beauties here Sam. Quite intricate work going on there, which you do so well.

If I tried to replicate these cards, I'd make a dogs dinner of it . . . but you have the knack of sticking things on and matching things together to make stunning cards.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Belinda Basson said...

I am still not ready for the big C, hiding in my Steampunk phase... I love your card and that die is stunning.

Jenny L said...

Hi Sam,
what really great Rudolf cards yet again.
Lovely designing, and the papers used re perfect.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Sue said...

Totally love these cards Sam and that die is fab!! huggles Sue xxx

Bonnie said...

Not 1, not 2, but 3 gorgeous Christmas cards, Sam! Love that background die and the unique ways you have used it!

Kathleen said...

Three stunning cards Sam and absolutely love, love, love the last one.

Kath x

Anonymous said...

Sam, this trio of festive cheer are stunning - really they are exceptional.
All the cards have a lovely touch of nostalgia in their appearance, so beautiful.
Wishes
Lynne

mamapez5 said...

Great cards. I can see why that die caught you eye, even if it is a bit tricky to use. And the big cream poinsettia is gorgeous.
I quite agree about C. coming to the shops too soon, but it doesn´t happen out here, not in rural Spain where we live anyway. At the meeting of our arts and crafts group this morning, our Spanish chairman refused to move our Christmas exhibition/sale from the first week in December to the last week in November! He said mid-December was early enough, but we pointed out that it was too late to post to UK then, so it stays the first week of December like it usually is. Hey ho! But at least I am nearly ready with my cards this year. Kate x

Carol L said...

What LOVELY cards you've created here today! That mirror cover panel looks stunning, and I love the gorgeous flower too! WOW!

scrappymo! said...

Oh my goodness...a trio of Xmas beauty!

I think they all look wonderful but my eye is draw to that scrumptious pointsettia. Love the script stamp on that die!

You are going to have such fun with that new PB die. IT looks so versatile!

Mrs A. said...

My one burning Q. is
wot you dun with all those ickle bits den? hugs Mrs A.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Great cards! All of them! I like the middle one bestest of all, although that poinsettia on card three is to die for and I see why you are searching for my rosettas like you used on the first card. Anyway, it looks like you got some great toys on your vacation. Happy Rudolph Day to you!

Sally H said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sally H said...

Gorgeous Christmas cards, Hettie! I agree about the christmas word, but as I stood at the garden centre I was surrounded by singing snowmen - a bit too early for that!

Heather said...

Ooo . . . these are all beautiful! I LOVE that die! It's so elegant and really adds to the vintage feel of each of these cards. Thanks for playing with CHNCC2.

Debs Willis said...

Gorgeous cards, the die is lovely but think it would drive me bonkers getting it out of the die!

Twinks Stamping said...

Lovely bunch of cards Hettie. I especially love the pointsettia and the background die. xx Jan