Wednesday 17 December 2014

Choo Choo

Hello there

Not long now until the Jolly Fella in a red suit pays a visit to all of the good Girls and Boys in the World.  Guess I am getting coal again!  Yippee!!

I am so sorry I have not been around much the last few days.  I have been a little under the weather with a sinus infection and a little problem with my war wound so spent most of Friday, Saturday and Sunday in bed or on the settee in front of the fire!  Before you ask, yes Hubby was with me, but NO as he had flu also!  I also managed to burst a blood vessel in my eye which was a little irritating so was not wishing to look at laptop. 

Anyhoo we are both on the road to recovery helped by Mr Jack Daniels, antibiotics and good old paracetamol and rest!  I am finding that after finishing work I am only fit to collapse and my poor craft room is feeling a little cold and neglected right now.  Not to worry...Hubby's card hasn't been thought of yet alone made so it wont be long until I am back in there.

I thought I would share a few cards I made to send to family and friends...







All roughly the same but different.  Can you believe I bought that Stampenduous stamp in US for ....wait for it....$1.50!!!!!!  I had thought about buying the same one to take to my host Kim but figured she might have it as I knew she had a previous one.  It was in my basket at £13.50!!!  Bargain ey and I love it as it is great for men through the year if you don't colour the holly in!  BTW I used my green wink of stella pen, which I bought as an error....loving it now!  The red is stickles.  The little Santa and Snowman clay charms I have had for ever so are VOS.  I hope they have survived the post.

Right then.  Off to catch up in the antics of the Playground with these.  Hopefully my understudy in the Nativity play has not run away with the idea that she has my part for good. I shall just sneeze on her if she won't give it back!

Let me know if you want to know how or what I did to create these cards.

Thanks for calling by.

Hettie

15 comments:

Terry said...

Oh I laughed at your expense! Jack helped you, but in my case it would have to be Jose or Bud! Glad to hear you both are recovering and I think Santa will bring you something along with the coal! Your Christmas cards are GORGEOUS! Love that train stamp and festive colored berries! Take care of yourself! Hugs!

Irene said...

Hello Sam

Sorry you are not to well, I had a laugh with the help of Mr Jack Daniels, he always puts a smile on so many faces.

What a brilliant bargain, the stamp is GORGEOUS as are your cards.

luv
irene
xxxx

Belinda Basson said...

I had a hot toddy or two last week...good for the soul...I am still hacking up a lung though...had enough already. You sound like you have been in the wars...eye...leg...head...hope you are on the mend. Nice stamp and great cards you made with it.

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Super use of the image, the cards are great. I hope you're feeling much better now.

Warm hugs
Maarit

Helen said...

Glad you are getting better, hope there's some Jack left for Christmas... love the cards!! Happy Christmas if we don't bump blogs before then...

Mrs A. said...

I have that train stamp and the country cottage too. They make up great cards. Thankyou for my pink/black baubly card.
Glad to hear your on the mend.
Right goota go cos I'm still not word perfect on me lines for the play yet. hugs Mrs A.

Mrs A. said...

p.s.
the corks have been piling up over the course of several Italian holidays.
That's my story anways.!

Kathleen said...

A few cards!!!! good grief there is a few month's worth here, lol.
Great though, I thought at first it may be the Chatternugga Choo Choo after your USA visit don't know how to spell Chatter,,,,,,,, even though I have been there.
These are just fabulous and love the tad of green and red.

Hope you back to full strength very soon. Well the strength of the Jack Daniels may help.


Kath x

Anonymous said...

Mr Daniels might have helped you on your road to recovery but I would be left flat on my back .... I am one of those boring ones who doesn't drink. Could you imagine the giggles at seeing me tipsy!!!!
Glad you are feeling better.
Love this collection of cards and seriously $1.50, that is incredible. A beautiful stamp.
Here's to you feeling 100% better by the time that Mr Claus pays you a visit.
Wishes to You
Lynne

fairy thoughts said...

Hi sam sorry to hear you are poorly but at least you have Dr Jack to help.. a bit like my nurse Choc I'm sure. whata bargain that stamp was and its gorgeous. Have a great week and hope you are both better soon..
janet #13

Sarn said...

These are FABULOUS - love that image and the cards you've made with it.

Feel better soon matey peeps.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Karen Petitt said...

You don't really want that stamp do you huni? You know you don't really like it lol!
Really gorgeous cards Hettie and I hope you and Mr are feeling much better and over the nasty flu that is doing the rounds. A gorgeous stamp that needs to go on my wish list, keep well and warm Karen xx

scrappymo! said...

Here is hoping that you feel fully recovered soon This is too busy a time for illness or injury...no wait...you had Jack to keep you going!!! Oh...well them...

Fabulous cards I love that stamp and have it too... Must let it meet ink in 2015.

Love the holly you did with the Wink of Stella...really pops!

Di said...

Love those cards Sam! Crumbs though, I do think we pay over the top for stamps over here in comparison to the USA!

Hope you're feeling much improved!

Hugs

Di xx

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, no - bugs abound (noro horrors round here over Christmas!).... Hope you recovered sufficiently to enjoy yourselves on the big day!

Great cards and fabulous fabulous stamp - $1.50?! Definite envy!!
Alison xx