Tuesday 28 April 2015

Rudolph Day - April Edition

Hello Peeps

Its the end of April already? Really? How did that happen?

Time I joined in with Mo for this month's Rudolph Day post. Sorry I am a little late, but I was away in Harrogate for a long weekend and unfortunately the WiFi at the hotel we stayed at wasn't up to the job, so I had to leave it til I came home. Great weekend though and Fergus had a great time too!

Right... onto my cards I am sharing ...


 First up is one of my Funkie Junkie Christmas tags, slightly modified so that it doesn't cost me an arm and a leg to post, mounted onto a card which was stamped with my Tim Holtz stamp and embossed with WOW embossing powder. I added some Sue Wilson corner flourishes and stars.



 Number two is another FJ tag mounted onto a Snippet of black and white paper and I used another Snippet to cut a MB and Spellbinders die cut which I inked with Versamark and embossed with sparkly embossing powder.

And finally, this Bo Bunny piece was left over from my Christmas Album and I didn't want to cut it. I mounted it onto another piece left over from my C Album and adhered these onto a square card. I cu another MB border from a Snippet.

The piece of lace was taken off another tag, as was the K&Co sentiment and rosette so they all got adhered on this card. I inked the edges of the card, added some sparkly gems and card finished.

Three more cards for the box!

And seeing as I mentioned Fergus...here is a photo of the boy at Bettys Tea Room in Harrogate on Saturday...

Off to join Mo at the Rudolph Day and also my Playmates at the Snippets Playground.

Thanks for calling by.

Hettie

8 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Bet you had a blast! Lucky girl.

So honoured you made a card for R Days even though you were so busy with the crop...not to mention the Tea Room!!!

You made some lovely pieces. The tags are fabulous. A tag mounted on a card is one of my fave things. I really like yours. Do know what you mean about the postage though! I feel kind of cheap this year as I seem to be making so many cards that are thin...and thereby fit through the regular postage slot! Cheapskate me!

The second tag is so cute...and I love the background paper too...so versatile!

Sorry that I have not been around much nor posting much...we are nearly finished building the raised beds...just one more to go. Then DH will get a load or two of topsoil and get it shoveled into the beds.

He has done something to his wrist though...it is swollen on one side and looks dislocated...although he says it does hurt toooooo badly!

Carol L said...

What a wonderful collection of cards! I'm especially drawn to the first one, because I can't ever seem to get artsy with elements like the ones you used. I love the look, but I'm challenged with that style, so I'll just enjoy your creations :)

Sarn said...

WOW - what fabulous works of art you're showing us today Sam. LOVE your RD entries and the cute pic of Fergus perusing the menu.

Glad you had a great time.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

Gorgeous makes there Sam! I do so love the first one - mostly as I couldn't even begin to make anything like that!

Ah Betty's, did you buy a couple of 'fat rascals' to bring home then?

Hugs

Di xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Sam,
oh these are such very super Rudolf creations.
Love the fab vintage look.
Wonderful and ace designing.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

TwinkleToes2day said...

Fabulous cards Sam. You've given me lots of inspiration for using up tags I've made with no real purpose in mind. Glad to hear you enjoyed your weekend away :o)) xo

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous creations Sam, my favourite is the snowman one, these must have taken you ages, fabulous makes.

Kath x

Bonnie said...

You outdid yourself, Sam! I love all the texture of each of these cards! I love tags, but seem to be challenged at incorporating them into a card!