Sunday 9 August 2015

Artistic Outpost...Two for the Men...

Hello there
 
Gosh another weekend that just whooshed past.  Is it just me or does everyone's weekends go too quick?
 
I have been pretty busy today and one of the jobs I wanted to do was to bottle up some honey.  Now in order to do this I have to break up the comb into a double filter, then let this drain into the pot before decanting into jars.  This sounds simple but it can be very sticky.  You can guarantee that when doing this, one of three things happen:-
 
1    Your nose itches.
2    You want a wee.
3    The phone rings.
 
Before I started I went to the loo and blew my nose.  Can you guess what happened as I started to cut the comb  Yep the phone rang.  It was one of those famous insurance companies - the one with a character called Brian.  I told him Hubby was in bed and I was up to my elbows in honey so couldn't talk. To say this took him by surprise was an understatement!!    He was stunned into silence.  I bet that will now go down in the excuses list!!
 
When I steam cleaned my kitchen floor, I had to do the phone receiver too!!
 
Right, onto today's post.  I recently had a few birthdays of the male species, so had to make a few men type cards.  Not my favourite type of cards. Thankfully the two men in question are not connected so I could make similar cards using my Artistic Outpost Grist Mill stamps.... 

You can see my word of the year on these, as well as the sunshine when I took the photos.
 
 
I raided the Snippets box for some of the layers so I am off over to the Snippets Playground as I hear there is choklit over there.
 
Have a great week everyone. 
 
Hugs
xx

12 comments:

Barb said...

What lovely stamps. They look like old photos. Barbxx

Helen said...

Great stamps, fabulous cards - and I hope the honey takes fabulous.

Sarn said...

I find masculine cards difficult. You've made these look easy mate.

Mmm, I KNOW what your lovely honey tastes like . . . been eating it in my porridge. It's . . . JUST RIGHT!!!! LOL!

Hugs from Goldilocks xxxx

Di said...

Too funny about the honey japes - it's always the way! We loved our h jar of honey, long since scoffed of course!

Teo great cards here Sam, perfect for chaps and I adore the images. The covered bridges in the US of A fascinate me :)

Hugs

Di xx

Di said...

Teo? That was a typo, I mean two of course :)

xx

Di said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny L said...

Hi Sam,
2 wonderful cards Sam.
Lovely images, and just right for the men folk.
Now you know it's sods law when you haven't got a free hand and your nose itches
or you sneeze, and that sort of thing.
MMMMMMMMMMMMMM! just love honey.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Karen Petitt said...

This is a new to me brand, love these cards! Will have to go and see if I can find a UK stockist, your cards are perfect for those pesky lot Karen xx

Jean said...

Love your cards, those Artistic Outpost stamps are gorgeous, perfect for cards for men.
I bet you homegrown honey tastes delicious and is well worth the sticky shenanigans.
Jean x

Carol L said...

These are both such beautiful, elegant and wonderful cards! I love the vintage feel with those sketches! So you're up to your elbows in honey, eh? Have fun :)

Darnell said...

Ah! So that's what the honey is for then, eh? Good for you to paint him a visual that stayed with him the rest of the day, Hettie! As for your manly snippets cards, they are superb!! I'm sorry I ate all the chocklit. Stop pinching me! I said I was sorry! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

Words and Pictures said...

They're absolutely beautiful cards, Sam - simple (taking that word to heart) but so effective - and some of my favourite stamps too. Must get out the AOs again... it's shameful really, but I've barely touched them since leaving the DT. Too much on...
Alison xx