Wednesday 18 November 2015

Happy Birthday Rachel...

Hello there Peeps!!
 
Sorry I have not been around  much, but life just seems to get in the way of things lately.  To be honest I had not been in my craft room much lately, or so I thought.  I was thinking it was about time I emptied my camera and there were more crafty photos on there  than I realised so I thought I would share one of the cards made most recently for my Buddie Rachel.

The green is quite different to what these photos show, and the text is a good match, unlike the photos.  I never quite get how some colours, green, blue and red, don't always photograph that well.  Or is it just that the weather was not good when I too, the photos?  Oh hum!!
 
These Spellbinders border dies were bought nearly a year ago and except for the initial playing when I received them, they have not seen fresh air.  Naughty me!!  I will say though that they are pesky little dies and thank goodness I had waxed paper or else they may have just ended up in the bin!!  Thanks Miss Di for that little gem!!
 
I also used a Tonic die for the flourish and Memory Box dies for the butterflies and Liquid Pearls for the dots.  The paper is Bo Bunny which was a fresh-never-been-used-before sheet.  Well Rachel is a good friend.  The butterfly and white pieces were all Snippets so I am going to sneak down to the Snippets Playground and see what is afoot.  I understand Mrs A is planning to put some of my chickens in the Nativity Play, so I want to see who else is going to be on stage!!
 
See you all for some hot chocolate!!
 
Hettie
 
 

10 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Lovely card and blued it up to see if I could see 4 of any thing.!! Ok Miss Di & Mrs A have got walk on parts as the stable chooks.
Hugs Mrs A.
P.s. 2 sea loins have just emailed me for parts!!!

Barb said...

I've not seen these dies before. How beautiful your card looks. I love the colour too. A lovely card Hettie. Barbxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Sam,
what a very beautiful designed card.
That colour green is so refreshing, and pretty.
Wonderful stamped sentiment, and I like the unusual design as it goes so perfectly with the shape.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Di said...

Oh Sam, this is lovely! I so agree about the tricky-woo dies and am so pleased they worked for you. In fact they worked a real treat - and I adore the way your sentiment follows the curve so perfectly. I bet Rachel loved it!

Good to see you in the Playground - Parsnip was just saying the other day how he misses you and the we Scottish chap - there again, real life does get in the way at times, sigh.

Hugs

Di xx

Kathleen said...

Hi stranger, glad to know that you are still alive and kicking.
This is fabulous and glad to see the green colour in a main role as it does tend to just get left to a leaf or so here and there. Gorgeous dies.
Guess what I am Angel Gabriel, well I begged, then threaten Mrs A, spent most of the week looking for my Halo so I could give it a bit of Brasso treatment.

Kath x

Susanne Vargas said...

This card is so beautiful and delicate! Well done!

Sarn said...

What a gorgeous card Sam. Really fresh and crisp looking. It was worth persevering with those lovely dies.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Hettie, love the card. The dies are gorgeous and such a different colour scheme, great. Thanks for the visit to mine and happy crafting, Angela x

Bonnie said...

Love, love, love these dies and the crispness of the green and white!

Words and Pictures said...

Weather, light, colour, photos... whatever, it's a really lovely card - the delicate filigree cutting zings so beautifully whether it's green or white. Lovely to catch up a bit - you've been away, I've been getting behind!!
Alison xx